How to Apply
To apply for admission to the Addiction Science Graduate Certificate program, complete the application process which begins at the link below. Applicants must have completed a Baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university with a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA. If you use the results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), you must have a minimum overall score of 550 for the paper-based test or 79 for the internet-based test. We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2020 semester. The application deadline is July 10, 11:59 p.m. EST. Apply early to avoid last minute processing delays.
When completing the online application: select Addiction Science (Grad Certificate) as the program name.
Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) on the application are required fields.
The following items are required:
- $75 non-refundable application fee (current students can obtain an application fee waiver by emailing email@example.com to request a fee waiver number).
- Brief personal statement of up to 500 words regarding interest in the certificate
- Current resume or CV
- Copy of transcript(s) for all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- One letter of support from an individual who can address the candidate’s potential for success in the certificate (or from the major advisor, if a current student).
- The GRE and Resident Affidavit are not required.
If you have any questions on how to use the online application system, please email The Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Students: Pursuant to U.S. immigration regulations, the University of Connecticut may not sponsor F-1 and J-1 visas for the purpose of coming to the U.S. for enrollment in this part-time online program. International students may enroll in this program if they are currently in the U.S. in another visa status that permits foreign nationals to engage in school enrollment while meeting their primary visa objective, or if they complete the program from their home country.